15 DAYS TO THE OPENING CEREMONY!
There are single day registrations available for people who can’t come to the whole event. Please email our Registrar, Jenny Postlethwaite for a registration form: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are still some spaces left in pre and post conference workshops: confer16.aanzpa.org/pre-post-conference-workshops/
MEET THE HOSTING COMMITTEE…
Our news this month is a little about each of the Hosting Committee: these are the wonderful people who will be “on the ground” at the conference to assist you!
LYNLEY McNAB: Hosting Co-ordinator. All things Accommodation (HotelSpace)
- Where were you born: Hawera, Taranaki, NZ
- Birthday and star sign: 17 May, 1961 – Taurus and Chinese Buffalo – yes! Double Bull!
- Year that you first had an experience of psychodrama: 1988 in Christchurch
- What do you do for fun/hobby/leisure: I read Science Fiction books that are full of physics and philosophy
- Family placement: one younger brother. I am oldest girl in family
- Most memorable auxilary role in a psychodrama: so many over so long….. Being a participant and auxiliary in a residential group a long time ago run by Paul Baakman up at Hamner Springs.
- Favourite food: really like mangoes, and also anything Japanese, Indian or Thai…..
- What are you reading at the moment?: another William Gibson as usual… Zero History
- Pets: One gorgeous girl pussy cat called Thomas – best cat ever!!!
PENNY BERAN: Host Pre and Post Conference workshops, expert on all things Sydney.
- Where were you born: Sydney
- Birthday and star sign: October Libra: still can’t decide which warm up to go with
- Year that you first had an experience of psychodrama: one-on-one role reversal in an art therapy session (not named as psychodrama), then Sydney conference 2002 pre conf workshop Kate Bradshaw Tauvon “Shame and Pride”
- What do you do for fun/hobby/leisure: theatre, walking with WEA Ramblers, bursts of art workshops in collage, life drawing, paper-making; classical music concerts; adventures around Sydney to galleries, hosting committee and book group meetings.
- Family placement: One younger sister.
- Most memorable auxillary role in a psychodrama: ocean waves for nearly an hour, slain mother, the rock leant upon
- Favourite food: created with attention, presented and served simply with care; trying something new; gelato
- What are you reading at the moment?: The Saturday Paper; Aldi Catalogues.
- Pets – photos on fridge of the Seeing Eye Dogs whose training I’ve supported for several years
HELEN KEARINS: Workshop Room set-up and Presenter Assistant.
- Where were you born: West Wyalong NSW
- Birthday and star sign: 30th May, 1947
- Year that you first had an experience of psychodrama: 1984 Playback Theatre, 1985-89 Drama Action, 1990 Wasley Centre Perth
- What do you do for fun/hobby/leisure: Garden, walk, meet friends for coffee, play guitar, read, listen to music, watch TV
- Family placement: Six kids in family – I’m 5th
- Most memorable auxillary role in a psychodrama: soooo many!
- Favourite food: Roast dinner, or pork chops with ginger and honey sauce
- What are you reading at the moment?: All That I am, by Anna Funda and Keating, by Kerry O’Brien
- Pets: Not allowed in rental property but I do have a platypus puppet
DOROTHEA WOJNAR: Special Needs Representative.
- Where were you born: Vienna, Austria
- Birthday and star sign: 15.11.1951 Scorpio
- Year that you first had an experience of psychodrama: in the 1980’s
- What do you do for fun/hobby/leisure: get together with friends – usually over coffee or a meal or we might go and see a movie or a show. Watch Sci Fi, fantasy or historical dramas
- Family placement: youngest, older brother
- Most memorable auxillary role in a psychodrama: I love playing evil roles or mean people
- Favourite food: Chocolate
- What are you reading at the moment?: Priestess of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley
- Pets: None at the moment. I used to have a lovely Devon rex cat called Rex
LYNNE BURCHMORE: Reception/Hosting Desk.
- Where were you born: Burwood NSW
- Birthday and star sign: Libra
- Year that you first had an experience of psychodrama: 2009
- What do you do for fun/hobby/leisure: Making Jewellery
- Family placement: I am the eldest of five
- Most memorable auxillary role in a psychodrama: “ the truculent child”
- Favourite food: Salad
- What are you reading at the moment?: “ I’m your Man” The life of Leonard Cohen
- Pets: None
DESLEY CREEDY: Meals and Special Diets.
- Where were you born: Atherton, Far Nth Queensland. My parents had a dairy farm.
- Birthday and star sign: January 12th. Capricorn
- Year that you first had an experience of psychodrama: 1987
- What do you do for fun/hobby/leisure: Walk, swim, watch the ocean, the sunsets, the moon, the river…..
- Family placement: 1 older sister, 1 older brother and one younger brother. I am the 3rd child.
- Most memorable auxillary role in a psychodrama: Too many to choose but maybe the one where I channeled a deceased relative and spoke in a foreign language (shocked the protagonist because she said it sounded just like him and she understood what was said )
- Favourite food: Thai Green Chicken Curry and all things Italian
- What are you reading at the moment?: This list of questions 🙂 And an article on “a lifetime of debt – working class women”
- Pets: One nearly 14 yr old Dalmatian dog and one 13 yr old tortoiseshell cat